Originally posted on Data Science Central
ggplot is a plotting system for Python based on R's ggplot2 and the Grammar of Graphics. It is built for making profressional looking, plots quickly with minimal code.
Seaborn is a library for making attractive and informative statistical graphics in Python. It is built on top of matplotlib and tightly integrated with the PyData stack, including support for numpy and pandas data structures and statistical routines from scipy and statsmodels.
Several built-in themes that improve on the default matplotlib aesthetics
Tools for choosing color palettes to make beautiful plots that reveal patterns in your data
Functions for visualizing univariate and bivariate distributions or for comparing them between subsets of data
Tools that fit and visualize linear regression models for different kinds of independent and dependent variables
Functions that visualize matrices of data and use clustering algorithms to discover structure in those matrices
A function to plot statistical timeseries data with flexible estimation and representation of uncertainty around the estimate
High-level abstractions for structuring grids of plots that let you easily build complex visualizations
matplotlib is a python 2D plotting library which produces publication quality figures in a variety of hardcopy formats and interactive environments across platforms. You can generate plots, histograms, power spectra, bar charts, errorcharts, scatterplots, etc, with just a few lines of code
Bokeh is a Python interactive visualization library that targets modern web browsers for presentation. Its goal is to provide elegant, concise construction of novel graphics in the style of D3.js, but also deliver this capability with high-performance interactivity over very large or streaming datasets. Bokeh can help anyone who would like to quickly and easily create interactive plots, dashboards, and data applications.
pygal is a dynamic SVG charting library. It features various graph types like bar charts, line charts, XY charts, pie charts, radar charts, dot charts, pyramid charts, funnel charts, gauge charts. It features css features with pre-defined themes.
igraph is a collection of network analysis tools with the emphasis on efficiency, portability and ease of use. python-igraph is a python interface to the igraph. graph plotting functionality is provided by the Cairo library
This is a part of community edited list at Pansop
Use the data science search engine (check pre-selected keywords) to find many more resources about Python, visualization or R, applied to data science.
- Career: Training | Books | Cheat Sheet | Apprenticeship | Certification | Salary Surveys | Jobs
- Knowledge: Research | Competitions | Webinars | Our Book | Members Only | Search DSC
- Buzz: Business News | Announcements | Events | RSS Feeds
- Misc: Top Links | Code Snippets | External Resources | Best Blogs | Subscribe | For Bloggers
- Data Scientist Reveals his Growth Hacking Techniques
- 10 Modern Statistical Concepts Discovered by Data Scientists
- Top data science keywords on DSC
- 4 easy steps to becoming a data scientist
- 13 New Trends in Big Data and Data Science
- 22 tips for better data science
- Data Science Compared to 16 Analytic Disciplines
- How to detect spurious correlations, and how to find the real ones
- 17 short tutorials all data scientists should read (and practice)
- 10 types of data scientists
- 66 job interview questions for data scientists
- High versus low-level data science