Guest blog post by Vincent Granville
And the rise of the data scientist. These pictures speak better than words. They represent keyword popularity according to Google. These numbers and charts are available on Google.
Other public data sources include Indeed and LinkedIn (number of applicants per job ad), though they tend to be more job market related.
Feel free to add your charts, for keywords such as newsql, map reduce, R, graph database, nosql, predictive analytics, machine learning, statistics etc.
- Data Science: The End of Statistics?
- Data Science / Big Data Salary Survey by Burtch Works
- Demand for Data Scientists and the Datification of Business
- Data Science Apprenticeship
- Map of data science university programs
- Job titles for data scientists
- How to better compete with other data scientists
- Horizontal vs. Vertical Data Scientists
- Data Scientists vs. Data Engineers
- Extreme Data Science
- 66 job interview questions for data scientists
- Test your analytical intuition
- Are data scientists overpaid?
- Data Science projects billed $300/hour on Kaggle
- The Face of the New University
- Fake data science
- Free courses from top universities
- Time Period for Analytical Positions Recruitment
- Data scientists making $300,000 a year